We know that Downtown Manhattan Beach is home to some of your favorite things and we invite you to share those with us as we develop a vision for Downtown.
I was sorry to miss the recent meeting, but I am looking for minutes of the meeting...
Our family likes to park at the library, browse a bit, and then walk over to Noah's Bagels and Jamba Juice. We are really looking forward to when the library reopens.
Here are some suggestions for downtown Manhattan Beach:
1. Widen some sidewalks downtown to better accommodate pedestrians (especially MBB between Strand & Valley). Create additional seating areas.
2. Von’s Market could use some sprucing up.
3. Think about community programs for the New Library, and how the library will impact downtown when it opens.
4. Have a downtown farmers market on a weekend morning (seems like you would have more patronage compared to the current Tuesday 11-5 schedule). 5. Make downtown more bicycle friendly, with better bike access via Highland/Rosecrans, Valley/Ardmore, Pacific, and Manhattan Beach Blvd.
6. Keep Valley/Ardmore the way they are, and don’t close off Manhattan Beach Blvd. 7. Keep alleyways clean behind shops and restaurants.
Traffic is horrible on warm week-ends and I would like to see traffic closed on Manhattan Beach Blvd, west of Valley and 15th on the North.